Question
Posted by: eye | 2008/10/18

wrinkles, skin care

hi - there is the joke, but how much truth is there is pile cream, eg: Preparation H etc, in helping prevent wrinkles? i see itz made from shark liver oil - that sounds good :) anything sounding a bit dangerous &  sharky usually works! haha! if this is true, what amount to be applied and how often? also VERY NB, i heard anti inflammatories, one being aspirin help keep the skin elastic, preventing, or more like slowing the wrinkle process - is this true? i heard this from a dermatologist on the radio, but all too oft, each has his own idea! i DON' T think people should rush off to purchase anti inflams now and give themselves stomach ulcers etc from the acidity, but in the same way 1/2 a disprin a day for the heart, could this be 1/2 a disprin a day for the skin?
i' d be MOST appreciative for some feedback
many thanks
eye

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Eye, thank you for the question.

Products such as Preparation H may help reduce the signs of ageing (wrinkles) due to the anti-inflammatory and vaso constrictive effects. Similarly, Aspirin will also have an anti-inflammatory effect and some research shows that there may be benefits to the skin.
Dr Perricone is a firm believer that ageing is a disease process that is caused by inflammation. By adding half an Aspirin to one’s daily routine may therefore be of benefit, but a good diet, exercise, not smoking, and using anti-oxidants should also be incorporated.

1
Posted by: kim | 2008/11/07

I have developed those fine lines around my eyes, brow and mouth. How do I go about reducing them or even slowing the rate of them?.

What anti-ageing products would you suggest are the most effective against ageing?.

Reply to kim