Question
Posted by: TRACY | 2011-11-14

WRINKLES ON CHEEKS

HI DOC
I HAVE CHEEK WRINKLES MORE OBVIOUS WHEN I SMILE, I WAS TOLD G LUX WOULD HELP THIS PROBLEM, WHAT IS G LUX AND HOW DOES IT WORK AND WOULDNT BE FILLER MORE BENIFICIAL?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the wrinkles before deciding on the best treatment approach.

As far as I am aware the ‘G Lux’you refer to is a hand piece (applicator) used in the Palomar IPL system specifically indicated for the removal of pigmentation and veins. To improve wrinkles one would need to use some form of fractional skin resurfacing laser but one may see improvement of fine lines with IPL based skin rejuvenating systems.

Typically wrinkles on the cheek area that appear with movement (such as smiling) will need filler (if there is fat pad support loss) or Botox. Occasionally we need to combine laser and dermal fillers to get the best results.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-11-19

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert