Question
Posted by: Fatty | 2009-01-28

wrinkles etc.

I was put on a very strict diet by my doctor, and need to lose 42 kg' s.

I want to know what I can do to prevent wrinkles and flabby skin (under the arms) once I lose the wieght.

I' m 37 years old.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Wrinkles etc.’, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult area to treat, however you have both surgical and non-surgical options. One would need to lose all the weight before considering surgery but this procedure will leave a long and noticeable scar.
Non surgical options include skin tightening technology (Syneron Refirm, Thermage, Palomar IR, & Titan) and technologies that combine both the reduction of cellulite and allow for skin tightening such as the Syneron Velashape (end results may vary from individual to individual); or by combining the two different technologies together to improve the outcome.