Question
Posted by: Jill | 2008/10/13

Wrinkles already

I' m 24, I don' t drink or smoke, never lie in the sun and I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle, but I already have fairly deep lines on my forehead. My parents are both aging wonderfully and at this rate I feel like I' ll soon look older than them. Is it normal to have wrinkles at this age and what can I do to make them go away?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jill, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, wrinkles in the area of our face such as the forehead are a result from movement of our facial expression muscles. If you are very expressive with talking (and please do not change your normal mannerisms) one will develop wrinkles from the constant folding of the skin.

Your best approach to reduce and prevent the wrinkles from forming is to use a good daily SPF (30 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide as we get sun exposure from simply walking around, getting in/out of the car, etc. I would also consider using Botox as a preventative tool and remember at your age one does not need to completely immobilize the area to get a good effect.
If you choose this route please make sure that your cosmetic doctor understands the final effect you would like to achieve (smoothing out of wrinkles but with ongoing forehead movement).

1
Posted by: poppie | 2008/10/15

hi

im insecure person and im 42 now i start seeng wrinkles between

my thights now i cannot see man at my age what make me scared is my mother doest have them but me why im developing at early age than my mother how can i prevent that to make me feel better im even afraid of taking clothes infront of my mothar or my friend please help me im desperate
thanx

Reply to poppie