Question
Posted by: melissa | 2009/12/03

wrinkles

Morning doc. i am 28 years old and i am starting to get wrinkles under my eyes. i also have a wrinkle from my nose to the outer corner of my lip - only on left side - it is very faint but i do not like it.

I recently went for ipl (elos - 4 sessions) to target the wrinkles under my eyes - but after the fourth session i still cant see any improvement. the salon is very unproffesional and i do not think the laser therapist is qualified to do her job. this was a waste of money for me - i was under the impression that the elos (syneron) was one of the best machines to target wrinkles.

What is the quickest way to get rid of these wrinkles completely? Would you recommend fillers? (can fillers be injected into faint wrinkles?)

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Melissa, thank you for the question.

The results that can be achieved with technology based treatments are dependent on TWO main factors:

The type of technology/machine being used and
The person operating the machine (as the settings determine the result)

If you would like to use technology to improve wrinkles then one should consider a fractional based treatment: Fraxel, Matrix RF, Ultrapulse FX, etc.

The wrinkles that develop on the lower eyelid and just below the eye may be difficult to treat and the treatment choice is based on the cause/s; furthermore these wrinkles usually respond best to combination treatments.

First is to consider a good SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and or titanium dioxide and remember to apply several times daily.

If there is a loss of the fatty support in the tear trough and around the eye one should consider dermal fillers; very fine grade fillers may be used the fill the superficial fine lines but this should only be done by an experienced filler injector specifically trained in the eye area – not many in SA!

One may add Botox to this area if the improvement is not dramatic enough and finally fractional treatments (already mentioned) or TCA peels may also be considered.

The faint wrinkle that has appeared between the nose and the corner of the mouth can be treated successfully with the use of fillers.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/12/05

Hi Melissa, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert