Question
Posted by: Vitor | 2008/08/06

Wrestling Knee

Hi Doc, basically I' m asking to find out if you think my injury will heal with time on its own or should do I have to get it checked out.

I' m a wrestler, during a sparring session I was with my back on the matt, jockying for position with my leg out straight. Another duo near us were still standing, during their take-down they landed on my foot- shin region, which gave a quick twist outwards. So my knee is pointing straight up right, and my foot to shin twisted towards my baby toe side so my foot is flat on matt. My right leg. I feel the pain around my knee cap and have lost suppleness in that leg, it seems to be getting better, then I wrestle and it starts all over again.

Any suggestions?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The ligament structure may have suffered as well as the joint space. Such injuries may heal in time given enough rest - however it would be prudent to visit an orthopaedic specialist if the discomfort persists.