Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2008/07/17

wounds / bites not healing quickly

Recently I have noticed that a scratch on my hand and a bite on my foot have taken about a month to heal. Usually these take about a day or so. I don' t think it is any nutritional deficiency as I eat very healthily and take very good supplements. I do drink quite a lot (about 2 -3 glasses of wine most evenings). Would you recomment having a blood test or should I just monitor it and cut back on the wine?

Suzie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I strongly recommend that you get yourself tested for diabetes, as this condition delayes wound healing. Your alcohol intake is moderate to severe. I suggest that you bring your alcohol intake down to one glass of wine per day. The alcohol can also delay wound healing.

Kind regards