Question
Posted by: Mira | 2011-02-25

Would you date ?

Hi there,

I recently wanted to pay for a professional matchmaker service.
I like the idea and found others blind dates and internet dating a waste of time. At 30 and I want to meet someone who is interested in a serious relationship.

I promptly sent an email to the matchmaker her response was
unexpected - she said in her own words

" Unfortunately at this stage of our business,we cannot provide a service to yourself because we know that amongst the clients currently listed with us -there is no one who is sufficiently open minded that would be prepared to cross cultural or racial lines." 

I was shocked by this as i had previously been out with different race groups and generally thought that people in SA are open minded?

I''d like to find out for myself what the general consensus is regarding this maybe I had it all wrong? Maybe not many people are interested in dating indian girls?

My only experience with matches has been to strike them, to light a fire.
The comment of this matchmaker shows that her service is probably racially exclusive, whether by design or accident, and reminds one that where matchmaking depends on an indivual and his/her contacts, it will operate within a very limited pool of possibilities. Its not about"people in SA" or any particular group of people, but the people this particular matchmaker person happens to know and work with. Don't draw broader conclusions than that

8
Posted by: NFW | 2011-02-27

HEY! Isnt that like racism or something, its like totally against your human dignity and human rights, they cant deny you access to their service based on race, my God is it 2011 or 1732? Are they still running the slave ships? Are the american indians all dead yet?

Isnt there a non white in the white house?! I saw a pink bird in my green house the other day but thats abit off topic !

Reply to NFW

Posted by: Indian Female | 2011-02-25

I am too 30 and gave up on internet dating sites as I''ve been burned badly by a man that i''ve met on there. But thats''s shocking about the matchmaking service....

Reply to Indian Female
Posted by: Rench | 2011-02-25

I hear you. There is just one thing however. At the age of 30 you/he may be interested in having children.

It is the opinion of people that have strong cultures, that children should be brought up the same way. This is NOT a bad thing. If we did not have people with strong cultures all the children will be yellow and have no idea where from and where to.

So yes, no children? No problem I say

Reply to Rench
Posted by: Woman | 2011-02-25

You Indian women count amongst the most beautiful and graceful in all this wide world! Imagine what kind of man you''d want. Imagine his hobbies &  where he goes for fun. Now YOU go to those places.

Good luck at finding Mr. right, he''s out there, just waiting to bump into you :)

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011-02-25

my apologies... I meant: 2 white men that are married to indian girls.

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: Rishaan | 2011-02-25

Mail me rishaan05 at gmail dot com

Reply to Rishaan
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011-02-25

I know a lot of white men who looooooove indian girls. At my work there are 2 men that are married to indian girls.

Reply to Bee-Bee