Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010-11-10

WOULD LIKE TO STOP BIRH CONTROLL PILLS

Hi Doc,
Hope you are well? I would like some advise please. I’ m 42 years old &  are taking Yasmin for the past 1½ , was on Nordette for 15 years with no problems, but I have very lumpy breast &  gynae changed me to Yasmin. I do battle with water retention since on Yasmin. Taking the pill is very conveniently for me, I only have periods for 2½  days, with little pain. I would like to stop taking the pill, but when I do stop taking it, my period stays away for months (3-4) &  the dr’ s will give me tablets to bring it on again &  put me back onto birth control pills. Please advise what I should do. Thank you for your time.

I would suggest that you continue with thePill. Yasmin is specifically designed not to cause water retention.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-12