Posted by: Carola | 2009-02-25

Would healing and low bloodsugar

About 4 months ago I suffered slight facial trauma (probably a cracked cheekbone, just under the eye socket). Would low bloodsugar influence the healing process? The area is still, after 4 months, slightly swollen and tender with strange " tingling"  sensations. Would improving low bloodsugar help the healing process?

Or what could be the reason for this injury not healing probably or still being swollen. What about scar tissue forming? Would this " deforment"  of my cheekbone be permanent?

Dear Carola
Did you have a x/ray of the area? it may have been a crack with a compressed superficial facial nerve or damage to the underlying sinus? You may also have a chronic infection in the sinus under this area. Ask your doctor to have a look and refer you for x/rays/ to a specialist if needed ?