Question
Posted by: Ria | 2012-07-03

Worshond rug

my worshond word september 13 mens jare. sy het nog altyd die probleem met haar rug in die winter maar sy het die laaste 2 jaar nie seer gehad nie. Van saterdag af het sy weer seer en wil nie op goed spring nie en sy trek haar rug styf. ek was al by veart en ek weet dit is ''n probleem met worsies maar is daar nie iets anders wat kan help nie. sy is oor die algemeen gesond dit is nou net weer skielik wat sy verkeerd gespring of iets het.

Dankie byvoorbaat

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Oh Ria, I am so terribly sorry, but my Afrikaans is shocking as I never had it at school when we came out here as I was too old. I think what you are saying that she is having trouble with jumping/walking due to ageing? If at all possible, and you dont mind, can you send it to me in English so that I can give you the help you need? Thanks and sorry again!

4
Posted by: Worsie | 2012-07-19

You may want to try a Body Stress Practioner. Some of them have had wonderful results with animals and a friend of mine had his long-haired Dachsie cured by one after he was told by a Veterinary Surgeon it would cost about R9000 to cure the problem surgically. Good luck.

Reply to Worsie
Posted by: scotty | 2012-07-12

Hi there Ria, thanks for that! OK, there are things that can be done to help her and I suspect you are correct, she hurt herself jumping up or down. Please get in touch with me via email at scotty@scottysdogs.co.za and I will put you in touch with somebody that can help you. sorry but I dont want to put other people''s emails on the internet. Thsk S

Reply to scotty
Posted by: Ria | 2012-07-11

Hi sorry about that. She has the back problems that the ducthounds get. The thing is that it was gone for two years and two weeks ago she could not walk and if she did it was very slowly. so I don''t want to put her down but that is what the vet is going to tell me. I don''t know if she maybe jump wrong or something. when her back is fine she runs around and very thing. so any idea what I can use for her back. Thanks

Reply to Ria
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012-07-03

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert