Posted by: Saskia | 2008-11-06

I am 23 and have never had a regular period. My period would come for 1 month and stay away for 6. I have only 1 partner which i am dating for the past 5 years. We have un-protected sex, and i have been off a contraceptive for the past 3 years. So my surprise, i never fell pregnant up until this stage. What could be the problem, i' mnot on medical aid, but based on your opinion, would it be advisable for me to join a medical and have myself checked,as i would love to be a mommy one day!

It sounds like you are not ovulating. There are many possible cause for this and you definitely should see a gynaecologist. Joining a medical aid is probably a good idea as you may need tests and treatments which could be expensive.

Posted by: AD | 2008-11-06

I had a similiar problem never had a regular period. I too had only one partner whom I am married to today. We wanted a baby, we tried for 4 years and nothing. Luckily we finally got medical aid and i found out that I had cysts on my ovaries. They were removed and today I am a proud mother of a 11 month old precious boy.

Hope things work out for you.
Good Luck

Reply to AD