Posted by: Landie | 2008-11-26

Worried/Confused Pregnant??

Hi doc,

I' ve been on Yasmin for atleast 2 months now. Using Yasmin everymorning 6 O' clock, BUT, unfortunately I have missed my tablet (only one) 2weeks ago. The next morning I had unprotected sex with my hubby. Will there be any chances that I might fall pregnant. It was only the ONE tablet. I also feel, (not everyday) anytime during the day sometimes nauseas. Just for a minute of so and then it passes - why?? I can feel I have been picking up weight, is it the yasmin causing this. Please advice. Thank you

There is a possibility of pregnancy but you will have to wait and see if your period comes when expected. It is too early for pregnancy symptoms though. Yasmin should not make you gain weight.

Posted by: BM | 2008-11-27

I fell pergnant on Yasmin... and did not skip a single pill...
Yasmin cant make you fat - it can however increase your appetite which causes you to eat more and pick up weight.

The best is to wait till your period is due and if it fails to arrive - do a home pregnancy test.

Good Luck

7wks &  4days

Reply to BM
Posted by: Ruby | 2008-11-27

If you preggies from missing one pill, its a miracle!!! We' ve been trying for 3 years without any contraception and I only fell pregnant now :-) (Most healthy couples take up to a year to fall pregnant. Guess some poeple (like the women above) just fall preggies very easy... I think its mooooost unlikely, but possible... I think Yasmin can make you pick up weight (when I took it in 2004 it did make me pick up weight). The nausea could be stress related :-) You will have to do a home pregnancy test if you miss your period... R

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: FTM | 2008-11-26

I didn' t eve miss one, my Yasmin didn' t work cause of Antibiotics... I' m 15W6D... :o)

There' s a lot of things that could play a role though, where in your cycle were you, etc...

Wait for your period first then test and see once it' s missed.

Reply to FTM
Posted by: Landie | 2008-11-26

O, No, Now you have me really worried.......

Reply to Landie
Posted by: J | 2008-11-26

Last year around oct/nov I missed JUST ONE tablet and thought - Hey it' s not that big of a deal! Ha guess what... this year august I had a little boy!!

Reply to J