Posted by: roxanne | 2013-01-16

Worried that I might have throat cancer help please!

Hello I''ve been reading up on throat cancer due to the weird sensations I''ve been feeling in my throat along with difficulty breathing. It feels as if there''s a lump or something inside my throat blocking my airway and it hurts a bit when I swallow or yawn. my voice sounds different too. Sort of husky. Please respond soonest.

I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist. The doctor will do an examination, in order to visualise your throat box and vocal cords, to determine if there is any presence of an abnormal growth. The examination is painless and is done in the doctor's office. Please do not be too concerned, as your symptoms might merely be due to chronic sinusitis with a post nasal drip.

Posted by: roxanne | 2013-01-17

i have and have been told by 2 different doctors that it is caused by anxiety attacks and that i should relax more often, but i mean it occurs even when im having a relaxing conversation??? the tablets i was given dont help they just make me sleepy..i just want to get rid of this problem

Reply to roxanne
Posted by: h | 2013-01-17

You sound worried... why don''t you go to the doctor? It could be serious.

Reply to h