Question
Posted by: Charissa | 2011/08/15

Worried - menstrual cycle

I was just wondering what the problem could be - I am YAZ and take it all the time as i am supposed to. Sometimes, i might just forget one, but then i take it the moment i remember!

My question is this, I took my white pills from Sat - through to Tues (my menstrual cycle time) and only on the Tuesday, did i get it. I was really bad, heavy and i don''t get it heavy at all. Still, on the pill.... So, i had it for that day and not again. I spotted a bit the following day and then it was completely gone! Is that normal?

I started to think maybe there was something wrong or maybe pregnant - then i did not take more pills since Thursday morning. Thinking that maybe then ( i would get my period - still nothing by Sunday night!) So,,now i am back on the pill and thinking, what on earth could be going on with my body? Stress? I don''t know.

Is this normal???? Pleas help!!!

Thanks! Charissa

Missing pills or taking them erratically interferes with your cycle. It is normal for your period to have started on the Tuesday and you should just have carried on with the pack. You may have some difficulties for the next few weeks as you have stopped and started the Pill. You are also not protected from pregnancy for the next two weeks.

2

Posted by: Candy Lady | 2011/08/15

Hi Charissa
Its best to have yourself checked out. How long have you been on the pill? I have used YAZ before and didnt get a period at all. It wasnt agreeing with my system. I gave my body a 6 month " rest period"  before I started on Melodene and now things are going haywire again.

Reply to Candy Lady