Worried. Could this be a tummy bug?

Defecate an orange liquid, it looks and feels like oil (a bright orange mango archar oil to be exact). Can you please tell me please what can that be? Nothing comes out except the oil- I am sorry for being so descriptive. Could this be a result of food poisoning? I have been drinking a lot of water and am now afraid to eat.

Dear Anonymous
It is very possible that you have a viral infection of the digestive tract. You don't mention how long this has been happening? Gastroenteritis virus infections usually only last 1-2 days. While you have this type of diarrhoea, make sure that you are getting sufficient liquids (black tea or boiled water). You can also buy rehydration fluid at your chemist which you can sip during the day to replace lost liquid and electrolytes. If the condition continues for longer than 48 hours, I would recommend that you see your gp so that he/she can check if this diarrhoea is being caused by other conditions.
I hope that this condition clears up and that you feel much better soon.