Question

Worried- could this be a tummy bug?

Defecate an orange liquid, it looks and feels like oil (a bright orange mango archar oil to be exact). Can you please tell me please what can that be? Nothing comes out except the oil- I am sorry for being so descriptive. Could this be a result of food poisoning? I have been drinking a lot of water and am now afraid to eat.

Dear Anonymous
It is just what it looks like - oil - this can be caused by malabsorbtion of fat in the bowel or a shortage of pancreas enzymes, or due to medications like Orlistat or Reductil. Try to avoid fatty foods in the next few days and it should disappear. If it persists you may need to see a doctor to determine the cause.