Posted by: Ella | 2009-03-05

Worried - bleeding during cycle

I tried to find an answer from previous questions, but I am still worried. I started having light menstrual like cramps with light bleeding on day 21 of my cycle. I normally have a 26 day cycle and I found it strange. The light bleeding and pain continued on to the next day and I started feeling weak with headaches and lower back pain. On day 23 of my cycle the bleeding suddenly stopped but the menstrual like pain and the backpain continued. On day 24 of my cycle I suddenly became aware that the pain got worse, and after checking found that I had started my period (or what seemed to be my period. My period lasted 2 days whereas is it normally 3 - 4 days. I did a pregnancy test on day 23 but it came back nagative, because I thought that it could be implantation bleeding. I am worried, because I have never experienced such symptoms and I am not sure if something is wrong. I would greatly appreciate it someone that might have had the same symptoms could advice me what to do. Thanks

It may be a cyst or a transient hormone imbalance. See your doctor if you are worried.