Question
Posted by: Going insane | 2010-01-10

Worried at night about cellphone

Hi Doc,

I have a problem that is driving me insane.

Most night I wake up ubruptly and then I " See"  my fiance trying to hide his phone. When I wake up I look at my fiance and can swear that he was busy on his phone and saw me wake up and the it looks like he is trying to hide it and during this phase any movement he makes is so real and I am fully awake or it seems that way, I imagine he hides the phone under the covers and the slowly work it up to the beside table or he just keeps it hidden. Most nights when I get the courage to switch on a light or do sommething to check his phone is not where I think he has it and it is infact on the bedside table untouched.

I once took his phone and checked and there was no indication that he actually used it during the night yet when I witness the supposed hidding it is so real and it is driving me insane.

He hasd never given me any reason not to trust him and has never lied to me.

Is this a sleeping disorder where I dream with my eyeres open or am I dilusional?

Please help!

I don't understand your question. Are you talking about something which definitely DOES happen ? If so, it suggests he is being sneaky and this needs very serious dicsuccion between you and re-evaluation of the engagement.
Or are you taking of things you "see" only while drifting in or out of sleep, which might not be real, and may more rteflect your fears and insecurities than things which are actually happening ? It sounds very much like the latter.
In this case, it doesn't sound as though you are at all "insane", but something like halucinations or delusions can occur in normal people in that specific half-asleep / half awake state, and is not as sinister as it might seem.
Some couples counselling would seem a very good idea.

1