Posted by: Linak | 2011-05-23

worried about my constant vomiting

Dear Doc.

For the last 2 months now I have been " fluish" . I got a cold and although i got better I have been strugling with a runny nose and lots of phlegm. I think it may be allergies as its winter but accompanying it is the vomiting after I eat or drink something. I ahve not been able to isolate a specific food group or drink that sets it off. This weekend I had a bad vomiting bout where afterwards it looked like veins around my eyes had poped. I had small thin red spots/veins al around my eye on eyelid. sometimes I vomit right after eating as I take the last bite sometimes a half hour to an hour afterwards.

Also during this time i get pains in my kidneys, I have taken a home pregnancy test and have been having light periods (usually its heavy) and I have also taken a bladder infection test and it all came back clear.

some days my kidneys are very painfull other days its fine. I drink a lot of water and don''t drin alchol. I do suffer from hypertension can all this be related?

Please help, finance is tight so I dont want to go to the doc unless I have to absolutely have to.

Unfortunately, your constant vomitting will have to be investigated and you will have to consult your doctor. In the interim, you can try Gaviscon Advanced, 15ml, three times daily before meals.

The bloodshot veins are due increased abdominal pressure caused by the vomitting.

Blood tests and an ultrasound of the kidneys can shed some light on your chronic pain. It is very important to find the cause for the chronic pain over your kidneys.

Good luck and please let me know about the findings.