Question
Posted by: bibby bolivar | 2010/10/18

worried about full blown aids

Hi im 25 about 6-7 yrs ago I went to strip club with a friend and i had sex intercourse with a waitress in a strip club i lasted about 1-2 minutes but the condom broke and now i am really worried that its to late and I have full blown aids I read that it takes 8-10 years and one sign is that you get Kaposi''s sarcoma purple bruises now Im checking my body every time. I know I should get tested but my mother just got diagnosed with cancer and I want to wait for her to start chemo and feel comfortable but I am not waiting more than 2 months to get tested I just want to stop worrying and checking my body for Kaposi''s sarcoma as I know if I see a bruise like that its over for me. I feel fine and healthy just started working out and feel stronger with lots of energy. Would appreciate if I could talk with someone. I am going through a rough time really scared I am getting tested like I said above and I am not sleeping with anyone until I get the results.

Dear bibby,

It is clear from your description that your encounter of 6-7 years ago still "haunts" you. You are correct in that the only way for you to have clarity as to your status is to have yourself tested. The concern is that the longer you put it off, and should have contracted HIV, the longer your health is being compromised. Don't put it off anymore get tested.

4
Posted by: kk | 2010/10/19

I once slept with a guy when I was a tenager 10 years ago, who I was later told that he had aids, I definetly know how you feel, i started worring after three years, looking for all the sins and even convinced myself that i was HIV positive because i would have opportunistic deseases. until I convinsed myself that I needed to know my status, I then went for a test after five years and the results were negative, since from there I make sure that I test twice a year.

beleiving that yo are positive tends to make you reckelles, because you believe that you are sick.

go for the test to be sure of your status.

Good Luck

Reply to kk
Posted by: Anny | 2010/10/19

I'm sorry Bibby to hear about that, but the only way to know for sure its to check your status. i know its not easy thing its the best answre you can get and make you feel better dear. i wnt for my test few days ago after i had sex with another guy, used pretection but the cd broke.

It was very hard for me to wait for the results 2days but now i'm free cause i know where i'm standing.

You should really go!

Reply to Anny
Posted by: Nice Guy | 2010/10/19

You are not alone Boss

Reply to Nice Guy
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/10/18

Dear bibby,

Reply to sexologist