Posted by: Concerned pal | 2009-01-16

worried about friend

Very good friend (25), history of cutting, anorexia, bulimia. Very bad childhood, been to rehad' s for above...
What can I do as a pal to help her and please give me an idea into the mind of those who goes to this extreme' s...
Thank you.

With that range of problems, sounds like she eneds more than mere rehab, and she should be seeing a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment. Many years back I did some research that drew attention to the overlap between eating disorders and cutting, but it'd take volumes to try to explain what goes through her mind. Try doing a search within the archives of this forum for our many previous discussions of self-mutilation and cutting

Posted by: Pal | 2009-01-16

In the meanwhile... is there anything i can do in order to somehow prevent that she does not go back there? Is this 3 things linked somehow and why do people do that to themselves? She has been rehab' d 2 times and she (with me) is on a spiritual path now, that I hope will help as well...??

Reply to Pal