Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/08/18

WORRIED ABOUT FERTILITY

HI DOC I''M A 23 YEAR OLD LADY AND I HAVE A CHILD WHO IS NOW 7 YEARS OLD. I USED A LOOP FOR PREVENTION FOR 5 YEARS.(FROM SIX MONTHS AFTER MY BABY WAS BORN) THEN ON AUGUST 2008 WHEN I WAS BATHING MY LOOP CAME OUT JUST LIKE THAT!! I DID NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR TO CHECK IF THAT WAS GONNA COZ PROBLEMS WHEN I TRY TO CONCEIVE IN A LATER STAGE.NOW I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY EVER SINCE IT CAME OUT BUT NOTHING TILL TODAY.SO I WANTED TO KNOW IF COULD BE AS A RESULT OF THE LOOP THAT CAME OUT BEFORE IT WAS TIME FOR IT TO BE REMOVED OR COULD THIS MEAN I''M INFERTILE.

Unless you had infections, the loop should not stop you from conceiving, nor should its coming out. See your doctor for further tests to see why you are not falling pregnant.

1