Question
Posted by: Toeske | 2010/01/20

Worried about Dad

Dear Dr Bets
My dad is 72 years old. Generally good health. He is overweight (big stomach) weighs 120kg, he was 136kg but lost some weight. He has often back ache, which I think must only be his extra weight he carries. He is on high blood pressure tablets for a couple of years, but it is under control. The reason I am worried is that my dad constantly complain lately about being tired. He feels generally tired (when he sits down even) and when he walks like 30m he is even out of breath and need to " catch his breath"  again. He went to the first GP who tested him for iron levels, thyroid and other general blood tests, nothing was wrong, except his sugar level which is a very little elevated. This particular GP put him onto a some sugar tablet which nearly killed my dad. He passed out, did not know what was going on around him and nearly fell into a coma! Apparently the dosis was too high. I was ferious! He does take a smaller dosis of this tablet now. He went to a second GP for another opion about his constant tiredness, this GP told him that it might be his blood pressure tablet resulting in this, he put him on another high blood pressure tablet (the last 5 days). My dad still feels tired and gets out of breath when walking or doing fast activities. Obviously the GP' s also tested his heart with an ECG, nothing was wrong according to them, but can one trust that? What other tests would you recommend for my dad? What else could be wrong with him. He does not drink or smoke, eat healthy and really start to loose some weight now. He even said his back feels a bit more relieved since he lost weight. I am just scared that the GP' s don' t perform further tests and just try to let him believe what it could be and it might be something serious.
Thanks Dr Bets.

Hallo Toeske
I think what I would suggest you also do is a Chest xray to check for early signs of heart failure.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: John | 2010/01/20

Get your dad " Diabecinn extra" . It lowers the bloodsugar and have lots of vit, minerals and anti-oxidants.
Remenber the " extra" . You get " origianal"  without vitamins.

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/20

Hallo Toeske
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc