Question
Posted by: ursy | 2010/01/26

worried about baby- first trimester

recently discovered that i am pregnant. it came as a bit of a suprise, so when the year started, i felt tired and fatigued. never taught is the pregnancy, so i went on a detos diet and took medication for an ingrown toenail. to what extent can this affect the baby? i am probably four weeks pregnant. went to the gynae who said the baby is still too small. will see at next month' s visit. am worried that i might have affected the baby.save for the tiredness, i only have tummy pain when i eat certain foods,e.g eggs, mayonaisse, which since i have discovred the pregnancy have stopped eating. i actually feel better since taking the pregvit which the doctor described, but still worried. please advise

You would have to tell me the names of the medications in order for me to comment.

4
Posted by: A | 2010/01/29

Dear Zandile. Movicol sachets bought from the chemist are perfectly safe during pregnancy.

Reply to A

Posted by: Zandile | 2010/01/26

Hi, please help, Iam 10 weeks pregnant and I have been batling with doing a number 2, Iam forever constipated, is there food that I can eat ?or something...

Reply to Zandile
Posted by: Angel | 2010/01/26

Babies are stronger than you think! A friend of mine didn' t knew she was pregnant and took diet pills, and it never affected the baby. What did you gynae say about the medication? Does he/she believe it could have been very dangerous? Good luck with your next gynae visit, i am sure youve got nothing to worry about!!

Reply to Angel