Question

Worried

Hi Doc. I''m just wondering, is heart palpatations part of pregnancy or not. I''m pregnant at the moment, about 5 months, but besides that, I''m working in a offce, were this past week, I was so angry some days, that my throat felt swollen, my heart started pounding in my throat, and I started crying. I made very rude remarks, and it''s not the type of person I am. And I can''t say anything about this situation, because then I''ll be a racist. I''m trying to sort this thing out another way, more diplomatic, but at the moment, it''s getting to me you know. So yesterday, driving home, my heart started pounding in my throat again for no reason, and I fealt this feeling as though someone is squeezing my heart, it fealt very strange, like I struggle to breath. And then last night, once or twice I woke up with what fealt like my heart pounding twice the normal spead. I had such a fright, sat upright, and it went away. So I''m just wondering, are those things normal, because maybe when you''re pregnant, your heart needs to pump more blood for the baby blah blah blah. But could it be like anxiety or something, I''ve never experienced this before, and it''s really scarying me.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Many different symptoms may be experienced during pregnancy. And the large-scale hormone changes can make one more irritable and moody. Presumably you have been seeing a competent doctor to confirm and monitor your pregnancy, and this should have been able to rule out any physical problems as a basis for these symptoms.
A fresh check-up may be a good idea, to evaluate these symptoms better. On the whole, they sound like anxiety attacks, not peculiar in pregnancy, and readily giving these symptoms, including more rapid heart-beat and increased awareness of it, and of course anxiety itself. A vicious cycle easily develos, when the symptoms make you anxious, which worsens the symptoms, and so on.
Have a checkup for re-assurance, as its probably everything's OK, but its always best to be sure

2