Question
Posted by: Mrs E | 2010/11/21

Worried

My boyfriends been battling with a cold for the last few weeks. This week he developed a swollen area in front of his ear and it is very painful, his eye has been watering and burning and his mouth looks like it has drooped to one side and he said it feels numb. Please can you advise what this may be. Thank you.

Mrs E

He should consult a doctor for an examination as soon as possible, as I am concerned about the swelling in front of his ear, as this might cause pressure on the facial nerve, in turn causing neurological signs and symptoms on the one side of his face. Treatment will have to commence as soon as possible.