Question
Posted by: mma | 2010/11/15

worried

During the week end i visited my old neighborhood, as the children were playing i heard them laughing at an 8 year old saying that she pees her self while playing and that after noon i noticed that while she plays het pants were wet, i called and asked her how old she was and she said 8 and in grade 2, to me it was worrring how could a little girl just urinate during the day with out going to the toilet, the nexy day i noticed that she had a diaper on.

my question is what would cause this for a 8 year old to not have control over her bladder like that, its not normal and i am worried?

Hallo Mma
Children can wet themselves if they have a urinary infection, or due to anxiety, some kids ignore the feeling of fullness and then the bladder "leaks". Children with constipation problems also tends to wet their pants. If possible you should speak to the mother to take her to a doctor for examination and if needed, referral to a pediatrician. Wearing a diaper at that age is very degrading for a child and can cause psychological problems.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/15

Hallo Mma
dr Bets