Posted by: Rene | 2009-08-21

I'  ve got a problem being very moody after having intercourse with my husband This all started last year in my last trimester of my pregnancy last year. It is affecting me our marriage in a bad way, that my husband will most of times be scared of having intercourse with me. He said to have peace in our house we should rather not have any sexual intercourse.

Is there a possibility that having intercourse is causing a hormonal imbalance?

Are you moody ONLY after intercourse ? Or is that just one of several situations in which you feel moody and blue ? If this is the main or only time, then it is most probably some psychological aspect of sex that is bothering you, as intercourse doesn't usually cause such major and lasting hormonal changes as to cause mood changes. If you saw a psychiatrist, he could assess this in more detail, and advise accordingly