Posted by: Blommie | 2008-11-07

Just would like to know. I am almost 6months pregnant. Sofar had a great pregnancy. Never been sick or had any pregnancy dues during this period. I am a smoker and also having lately a lot of backache. I also dont feel any movement yet is this normal. I have founded out that I am pregnant at 6weeks and up untill only gained 5kg.s is that normal. Should I decide to stop smoking now, what harm will that do to the baby? Please reply soonest

You should have felt movement by now. 5 kg weight gain is a bit on the low side, but it really depends what the baby's growth is like on the scan. Stopping smoking now will not reverse any damage that has been done, but will stop any further damage to the baby.

Posted by: Rix | 2008-11-07

Go see your doctor or at least make a turn at your nearest Clinic and speak to a sister to advise you.

Reply to Rix