Question
Posted by: kea | 2010/09/15

worms in mouth

Dear Doctor.
I am horrified, I am 95% sure I have tiny worms under the skin of my palette. I thought I felt something with my tongue about 18 months ago, that came and went, and when I looked with a mirror I did see something white appearing and dissapearing but could not get " it" , forgot about it. But felt something this morning and checked in my mouth, areas of my palette are inflamed and broken in places with what looks like tiny worms. Is this possible, what do I do then?, Also over a couple of months now I have had intermittent swelling of the lower cheeks on the left and right hand side. The doctor has been unable to find the problem. My cheeks swell and go numb for hours to sometimes 2 or 3 days. is there any connection between that and the worms?

Hallo Kea
See your doctor or an ENT specialist for a proper examination of the palate. I think you may have tonsil stones (tonsolliths) in the crevices of the tonsils.
See http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/15

Hallo Kea
dr Bets