Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010-07-22

Worms

I have a 8 month old male daschund who i purchased from a breeder. He came with all his shots and has been dewormed.

i have had him for 2 months and has nowhad a serious bout of worms. I gave him a tablet from the vet, and he has no more worms in his stools, but he is really skinny. He is eating, really well, must i take him for a booster shot.

When must i next deworm him, can i just put him on vitamins?

Hi Lisa

I generally deworm 3-4 x year. With puppies I deworm every 2 weeks upto 3 months of age

If you are feeding a good quality premium diet then there should be no need to supplement the food with vitamins.

If he appears underweight and undersize for the breed then you may consider having a check-up.

You will take him for a booster injection after 1 year from his previous injection.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-07-23

Hi Lisa

Reply to CyberVet