Posted by: Val | 2009-04-13

My friend who lives overseas has discovered that she has worms in her nose.She took Vermox for 3 days......After which she discovered these dead worms in her nose.Apparently these worms were not all irradicated by the Vermox course.......She says the worms look like Whip or Hook worm she mentioned some other name of a worm cant remember it......she says that when she was in South Africa last month she visited family ...who had 2 days previously had to kill a sheep because it was sick......Apparently this sheep had some or other desease or worms...I cant be sure....The place that she visited is full of animals that have been rescued from townships...She has since been to the doctors in Holland where they are doing tests for strongyloides .....Do I need to be worried that I may have these worms as well as I was in close contact with her......Help.......

Dear Val
No you won't "catch" it from her - it is passed on by eating infected food, or by coming into contact with the eggs in soil or in cat or dog excrement. Zentel is a very effective treatment for worms. Vermox also works well, but one sometimes need to repeat the treatment.

Posted by: val | 2009-04-17

Thank you Dr.bets

Reply to val