Question
Posted by: Jennely | 2010-04-14

Workseeker vs recruitment

I want to know I went for an interview at an agency after 4 days I made a follow up and they said to me that they have send a few cv''s to the employer but they havent send mine yet if he doesnt find a suitable candidate they will send the others in which mine will be part of, I really like the company and I know I can be a suitable candidate, can I contact the company directly to apply?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: Workseeker vs Recruitment

You certainly can contact the company directly. This might anger the recruitment company but if you believe you are the correct candidate and they are specifically holding your CV back this doesn't sound fair.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2010-04-26

My personal feeling is that if you contact the company directly you will annoy them (as they want candidates to come through the agency) and will annoy the agency too.

There might not be anything legally preventing you from doing this, but you will ruin your chances if you do.

Remember that agencies make their money from placing candidates, so they send through as many CV''s as they possibly can who they think meet the criteria, so if yours compared favourably for that position, it would be in the first batch. Remember that you just have the details of the job to go on but the agency h as an entire brief with a lot of detail on many different aspects of the position and the ideal candidate and son on, and even if you meet all those, there might be other candidates in the first batch who are a better match than you.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010-04-19

RE: Workseeker vs Recruitment

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2010-04-16

Most agencies have a clause in the agreement that you sign when joining them that you will not contact their clients directly

Reply to Whena