Posted by: Helena B | 2013-01-22

Workout for a busy body

I have a bit of a problem: my husband want''s to lose weight and he joined the gym but he works in construction and he is constantly walking around the sites, picking up very heavy objects and he''s up and down stairs all the time, so he just doesn''t have the energy to come home and go for a 60min workout (or even 30min).

Can you give me some advice? Maby cardio on the weekend like hiking or going for a bike ride (he has a very nice mountain bike) and then toning during the week? I bought him a 12month Mens Health subscription for his birthday because we also need to look for easy lunchtime meals.

Can you suggest anything?

Kind regards,

Concerned wife,
Somerset West

Expert ImageBiokinetics expert

Hi Helena,

Being in a construction site of that magnitude is a workout on its own :) Nevertheless, I think he should try and fit in a workout for only 30 minutes during his lunch break.

I agree with your idea, that will work with toning and mountain biking/hiking.
Just make sure that the lunchtime meals are healthy, not just easy :)

Sleep is important as well...if not, stress will increase, therefore weight will not come down. In his scenario, time is a big problem but its very important that he atleast does a workout around the construction site for atleast 30 minutes where he can.

Best regards,