Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

Working environment

I have three people reporting to me. In the morning they will move between their respective offices and do not come to greet me if I am already in my office, next to their' s. I am normally there before them, if I do come in later, which seldom happens, I go to each individual and great them.

To me it is just good manners.

When I was reporting to someone and this persons office was close by, I would make a point of greeting this person as well as the others. I feel alienated by the treatment I am receiving, am I overreacting?

Answered the other time you posted this question ( I am not faling to greet you ! )

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

Maybe you are a bitch to them look at yourself first before you blame other people for sure if you sweet and humble not all of them will give you that treatment.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

Perhaps they are a little intimidated by you. I also have people working under me, but we all have a good working relationship. I won' t walk around to offices just to greet my superiors each day, but when I see them I will greet and exchange pleasantries. Nor do I expect my subordinates to come specially to my office just to greet me. Perhaps your corporate environment is different, our offices are very big and we are all very busy. It is good manners to greet and be pleasant, and if it is such a major problem then just talk to them about it, individually. Maybe they are not even aware of being rude, maybe they are just wary because you are higher up on the hierarchy. Also, not everyone has a good upbringing. Just remember... you are there to work, not to win popularity contests, but it' s always nice to have a friendly environment...

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

Well either you done something to one of them that was not very nice and so they just prefer to ignore you now as they all know about it.They obviously do not liek you for some reason as they do greet everyone else but you.
There must be something that you done or said to either of them, your attitude etc that has just put them off, I'  sure they wouldn' t just do this on purpose

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

if you get so offended then you either allow it to bother you, continue feeling alienated, or talk to them about why your so offended.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

there is nothing to talk about, their parents should have brought them up better eyars ago

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

i think if they see you they should greet you, it is rude to totally ignore people i dont think your over reacting the question is how will you deal with this? talk to them about it?