Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/02/01

Workaholic

I met a guy 8 months ago and heat on a relationship.When we met I was on study leave and he was always available and willing to fetch me from school at night and spent a lot of time wth me.He is a workaholic, spents 10hrs of his time at work and comes home only after 21h00,I have told him about it and he promised to change.He phones me every 4 hrs of the day and we spent a lot of time on the phone.He is supportive,caring and kind , but unavailable and is he still coming home late and now also work in Weekends.I have told him about it and he says the problem wont change anytime soon.Am i wasting my time with this guy??Please help

It dep[ends on what you expect from him. You see him as a workoloic, and at one stage that suited you, now, as so often happens, it annoys you. If his job requires him to work such long hours, he may be understandably reluctant to change. If he's working longer hours than he needs to, a CBT style counsellor could help him to break the bad habit of over-work, and become more accessable to a more normal relationship

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/02/01

That depends on what you want and need. If you need someone who is more available then he is obviously not meeting that need and he is honest enough to admit it. If you were e.g. studying parttime then his long hours would probably have suited you well.

Reply to Maria