Question
Posted by: Joey | 2010/02/15

Work woes

Im working as a pa to this guy,same race as me but different tribe. Im a woman and he' s a man. Our working relationship never been great from the word go and now its so seriuos,I think I will be shown a door tomorow at the meeting along with HR. He was always very dominant and I on the other hand I became submissive and started to fear him and started to do mistake,like your spelling errors and at times I cant even watch him in the eye and say what I came to say with confidence.

Today, he was shouting throuht email ,withsomething I believe that I' ve followed his instruction properly. On numeros occasions he will converse to someone through email and in the end will say to me, give this person possible dates to lunch or whatever meeting,this today he is angry over some instructions he gave,so vague,and I was so disinterested in defendingm yself. I always thought I am the one with a problem here, not I not they way he talks to me and mentioned things like I know you think I m unreasonble and goes straght to HR for every problem with had. I ma sitting here thinking everything is ok and laways apologies if done a mistake and he keeps quite until something tells him to burst like he did today. And bythe look of things I am the only one he treats this way...Why. what did i ever do to him...I am only doing my best here...sorry for the long post...I had to vent...

Maybe your job performance may have been les than ideal, but i sounds as though his behaviour has been far from ideal, too. HR is supposed to sort out this sort of thing - mayb e you would be happier working for someone else in the oprganization, and he might be happier with a different PA. If he has difficulties with every PA, they will recognize that this may be caused by him and no the PA.

1