Question

Work vs Husband

How much time is reasonable to spend chatting over the internet to a partner during working hours ? for e.g. if I do not respond within 10 minutes there is trouble. If I tell him I need to go and do something, and for some reason it takes longer than expected and I do not let him know, I am in trouble and there is a fight for about 1 hour. I do not have time to chat, I need to work.

During working hours ? None whatever. Your partner sounds obnoxious, immature, neurotic and over-controlling. Surely if he spends so much sterile time monitoriing you, he can't actually have a job himself, or if he does he's cheating his employer. Tell him there's a new and stricter policy at work, and you will lose your job if you chat with him at all during working hours. If he can't tolerate that, leave as rapidly and safely as posible, and wait for a partner who is growm-up and secure.

5
Posted by: Purple | 2011-11-29

He sounds rather controlling and immature.
Your employer, who is paying you for their time should not have to put up with your husbands behaviour.

Stand up to him. Does he just sit and monitor your whereabouts all day. You''ll probably both end up losing your jobs if you are spending all day complying with your husbands need to monitor you and he is spending all day monitoring you.

He sounds like a horrible person. You are an adult - even teenagers are treated with more respect and given more freedom than this by their parents. Does he think he owns you?

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Shame | 2011-11-29

A man like that would drain me, does he not have a life?

Reply to Shame
Posted by: Maria | 2011-11-29

Work comes first. You could tell your company''s internet policy no longer allows chatting? Is he this controlling outside of work hours as well? E.g. if you go and visit a friend or go shopping must you tell him exactly where you are going and when you will be back?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Phil | 2011-11-29

Trouble  run for the hills lady...

Reply to Phil