Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2009-09-18

Work situation

I am writing this to enquire about my sister' s situation. SHe is ready to resign.Please advise as to what she can do short of resigning.
1. Her boss screams at her, even in front of colleagues for most often unfair and unreasonable reasons.
2. She overloads her with work, even giving other people' s work to her to do, to such a degree that she sometimes feel like she does this to get rid of her.

Her health is suffering as a result and it is quite unbearable.
Please advise

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: WORK SITUATION

Your sister does not have to put up with behaviour of this nature. It is suggested that firstly she puts in a grievance, if the the grievance is not successful then she may approach the CCMA or a Bargaining Council, whatever is applicable.

Your sister does not have to let this behaviour drive her to resign. She should seek help from either an inspector from the Department of Labour or at least from a report to the CCMA.