Posted by: lonely | 2008-11-06

work problems affecting my whole life

I am 34, with a loving husband and 3 wonderful kids. I also have a relatively successful career, but have been here for 10 years and can' t say that I have made many friends. I have always been the type to have one or two good friends but have always felt marginalised in that I have never been part of the popular group etc. I have also learnt to live with this, but recently I have had problems with a particular colleague who has now poisoned my entire department against me. I am a good person and a hard worker, but they make my life miserable by excluding me and even sabotaging my work (which is very difficult to prove). I am on anti depressants (Zoloft ) and was in therapy for 6 months (the trigger was my work situation). It has really helped but I can' t cope with this battle that I face everyday. The psych helped me with coping mechanisms but sometimes it' s just too much. it' s now affecting my home life.

Please help

Soem of us easily make lots of friends, some of us find it more difficult and have fiewer close friends. That's fine. The only form of psychotherapy likely to be helpful to you would be CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and work with that therapist also on plans to potentially find a new job, or to get the HR division at your work, to help you handle this

Posted by: lonely | 2008-11-08

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

Reply to lonely
Posted by: mandy | 2008-11-07

Good day getting a new job might help but you need to remember one thing every where you go you might get poeple who are just like that,just kneel down and pray that is the best weapon you can use God is great.

Reply to mandy
Posted by: option | 2008-11-06

sweety, youv been there a while and im sure you have good experience.your only option is definately to get another job, or another dept. if those idiots wont be anywhere near you. why let such people stress you.....get out

Reply to option
Posted by: cathy | 2008-11-06

hellooooo, get a another job!

Reply to cathy