Question
Posted by: Tabs | 2008/10/23

Work Performance Affected

I am currently experiencing difficult moments at work, this happened after I tested +, my performance has dropped and I noticed I am making lots of mistakes. There is a document I prepared for the MD’  s final signature yesterday, he was traveling out of the country to be back next week. He signed the wrong doc now I am in trouble I just saw that now, once other members who must sign sees it this afternoon, I will be in hot water. When members in our team request things I end up forgetting. My problem is I am not too sure how to address this matter, should I go and explain to my boss I have some problems and they affect my performance or should I get a doctor to give me a report then to give it to my boss, I can’  t take leave since well I was away for a while since my partner passed on. I am worried they will send me for non performance/or disciplinary action.

Don't leave it to others to find out aboput the mistake, report it yourself and see what can be done to get it right. As its not clear WHY you have been having these problems with concentration, etc., the first step otherwise would be to see a good doc. maybe even a shrink, for a checkup to find out WHAT is happening and WHY. It might be related to HIV positivity, or not. Only once a diagnosis has been made, can you discuss treatment or what else can be done about it. The can't take disciplinaruy action against you for being sick, but if you are unwell, you probably need to inform them, so they can take this into account

1
Posted by: Tabs | 2008/10/23

Thanks Doc, much appreciated

Reply to Tabs