Question
Posted by: keke | 2011/11/21

work issue

my work is very demanding and i always knock off late and cannot spend time with my kids. now i have resigned and some clients are saying that i did not stay long in the company.

its correct, i worked only for 9 months and im ok with the company. the hr job i do is ok and i have a great relationship with clients. but at the same time my problems as an employee are not listened to. problems such as working late and too much work load and to many reports that we write, that are needed in a short space of time.

i think that some of the clients are ok to feel that way, that i never commited to the company and that i do not take the work seriously or that i job hop. but as an individual, i am the one who feel the stress, the frustration due to working long hours. hence i decided to quit and accept another job offer with slightly less salary.

Far too many companies ignore such relevant employee issues. Its not realistic to expect employees to commit to a company that fails to commit to them.

4
Posted by: Liza | 2011/11/22

Good for you. Good luck with the new job.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: keke | 2011/11/22

with my 2 previous jobs, i stayed for 4 years with each company. but for this one, i cant stay. i dont have a life. my friends cant see me, since im always busy with work and my kids too and i dont have time for myself.

i do not want this kind of life. never.

Reply to keke
Posted by: Liza | 2011/11/22

9 Months might be a short time to them, but it''s a long time to spend in a crappy work environment.

They might accuse you of job hopping, but is it actually true? To me the first indicator of job hopping, is if you''ve worked for 3 or more companies in the past 2 years. Secondly, many job hoppers do it for salary and/or career advancement reasons, which isn''t true in your case, since you''ve actually accepted a reduction in your salary. Last of all, if job hoppers don''t do it for salary reasons, they usually have the same or a similar reason every time they resign, so did you leave the previous job because the workload was unacceptable?

Always remember - the term ''job-hopping'' is very subjective and can mean different things to different people. There are certain industries like IT and HR that have much higher staff turnover rates than other industries. This also affects the perception of job hopping.

Don''t let it worry you too much. You can''t control what other people think, so why worry about it?

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza