Question
Posted by: Brione | 2012/06/07

Work

Yes Cybershrink I am going to enjoy his downfall because I think he will head for one. Mr Know-It-All over and above those that have been here over 20 years and counting!
Yes I think " How Interesting"  is a really good way to let him know what I think without saying it.
I will be passive and agree to everything.
Darn though I cannot show emotion I guess that means I cannot smile or anything either...Pan face here we come.
Yes, I can take them to the CCMA and trust me they will punish me in one way or the other. It is like an office worker joining the union. You can do it...BUT Employers know jobs are scarce and they therefore abuse us in so many ways. Not only the poorest of the poor. And they ask WHY ARE WE SO ANGRY?
Those that talk about the CCMA have you ever been there or gone through the process? I saw a colleague do it and she was paid to go (by the company). They told her with a reference if she went. What would you choice with a payout of 3 months and a kid to support? It is a no-brainer.
Cybershrink do you get to see the posts that other readers put on after you have answered the first time?

Years back, for a time I had to work for a senior surgeon who was careless, but every time he made a mistake he shouted at all the rest of us. My tactic was to watch him closely, and every time he made a mistake a quickly apologised, even if I was actually stading on the other side of the operating theatre at the time and could obviously not have had anything to do with it. And I was so busy apologising he didn't have room to start shouting. Needs to be done subtly, though, so he was jusy never QUITE sure whether I was being sarcastic or not.
As for seeing other answers, I can and do usually check to see what other responses there have been before I post my reply, but after that, its more difficult and time-consuming for me to check later responses, and no way for me to easily know if there were any other responses.
And actually I did once go to the CCMA and they were utterly useless.

2
Posted by: Romany | 2012/06/07

CS is correct. CCMA is useless.
You can basically take it or leave it. If you are the only one with a problem with this man, it is going to be very difficut toprove as it may be seen as a clash of personalities.
If many employees have a problem with him, then stand together and approach HR as a group.
No need to get angry now. Stay calm and do what you have to do to support yourself and your child.
Or... look for another job.
Sorry, but that is how it is. You are not the only one in such a situation.

Reply to Romany