Question
Posted by: Pinky | 2009/01/23

Work

please help. I left my job at my previous employer because I could not handle the stress in the call centre any more I have bipolar depression and my condition worsen because of all the pressure. I found another jobs out of a call centre environment and also took a pay cut. I have also explained that my reason for leaving at my previous employer was because I could not handle the stress in the call centre any more. now I’ m working in the administration department but are being forced to help out in the call centre for +- 2-3 hours a day, which are not part of my contract or original agreement. when I complained about this my manager said if I don' t like the way he handles his department I can go to another department. are there any lawful way to handle this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: WORK

As you have resigned from work the only action that you might have is for a constructive dismissal application. i.e. they have forced you to resign. It doesn't appear to be the case in your particular set of circumstances.

1
Posted by: Boetie | 2009/01/23

What does your letter of appointment/contract say? Make sure because no boss has the right to just alter or go against what is written in a contract  especially seeing that he is aware of why U left your previous work. Some bosses r very insensitive towards their employees so make sure first then confront him. Good luck.

Reply to Boetie