Question
Posted by: Dave | 2010/03/30

Worfrin

What are the dangers of prolonged use of Worfrin
The Haematologist recommends a PI of between 3-3.5 but the GP says this is too high

Hallo Dave
You can use Warfarin life long, but there are side effects that one should be aware of, like increased risk of severe bleeding when you hurt yourself. For what are you taking it? The ideal value is INR of 2-3 on Warfarin. PI is an outdated way of measuring the effectiveness of Warfarin.

3

It''s rat poison for goodness sake

Posted by: LeeT | 2010/03/30

Aim of Warfarin to to keep the INR between 2 and 4. As long as your dosage is correct, and your INR is regulary tested, I don''t think it is dangerous. I would rather listen to a Haematologist than a GP anyday!

Reply to LeeT
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/30

Hallo Dave

Reply to cyberdoc