Posted by: Christa | 2009-07-16

Wooden slatted base for bed

Dear Sleep expert

My husband and I both suffer from back pain and we think we know why. We recently spent 3 months in Germany and rented a flat from a university where we did research. In this very basic apartment there was a bed that we' ve since discovered is standard for German households. The base is made of wooden slats and there are two mattresses on the two sets of slats but it' s integrated into one double bed. We' ve never been so comfortable and our back problems disappeared! Can you PLEASE tell us where to find similar beds in South Africa? Maybe you know of something that would have similar benefits? It' s not just the base - the two separate mattresses mean we don' t disturb each other, yet we are still in the same bed. I really hope you can help, if only to tell us what to call this type of base so that we can look for a dealer?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Regret I know very little about mattrasses. You will need to speak to one of the expert mattrass suppliers.