Posted by: sasch | 2012-07-23

wonly tummy

I messaged you once before about this. I get really sick very suddenly when I perform or after teaching a class (dance). I dont feel sick before and it comes on suddenly. It manifests as nausea and/or diaoreah, cold sweats, weakness. I went to my doctor, he said it sounds like a blood sugar thing and suggested I eat mielie meal as it is the right type of carbohydrate to give the right type of energy. However that does not seem to be working and I am feeling ill as am typing this having just rehearsed for an hour and taught for an additional hour. DO you have any idea what it could be?

I suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a internal specialist. A low iron count, low blood sugar levels and heart conditions, like cardiomyopathy might be possible causes for your symptoms. You can also be suffering from syncope, which is extremely low blood sugar levels after exercise. Keep yourself well hydrated during exercise. It is also possible that you are suffering from runner's diarrhee, where patients complains about the same symptoms that you are experiencing, after an intense workout.