Question
Posted by: Worried Husband | 2009-08-03

Wondering if it could be diabetes

The last couple of days my wife have been displaying some odd symptoms. Last week the one day she had excessive thirst the whole day. She could not quench her thirst. The day after that the same but not as much. Then the day after that when she woke up in the morning her fingers were swollen for two-three hours and then it went down. She has also been complaining about headaches everyday, but she says she has been getting then for over a year now. Sometimes when she goes to the bathroom she gets dizzy. Also sometimes after she eats she gets nauseas, but not so much to vomit. She lost weight uncontrollable and unintentionally the last 2 months. Now, from yesterday she has been going the the bathroom about every hour, which never happened before. She says she goes now, and soon afterwards it feels like she has to go again. She also says it' s not a little urine that comes out, but a strong stream. We thought it all was stress as we got married 2 weeks ago, but it' s starting to worry me a lot. She also started her period yesterday.

Can it be symptoms of her period?
or
What can this be?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi WH

I suggest directing your question to cyberdoc for a more informed answer. All the best!