Question
Posted by: m | 2010-05-17

wondering

I know that if you have hpv then it is serious because you can get cervix cancer, but what i want to know, the fact that i have the virus does it mean i must stress, i am going to hospital so that they can remove the abnormal cells and i am going to go for my check ups every 6 months, does it mean that someday i will definitly get cancer (even if i am going to go for my regular papsmeers)? will i be able to have children someday? can i live long and not get cancer even if i have the virus?what can i do to prevent getting cancer?

You will not definitely get cancer, it is just a higher risk. If you have regular pap smears. any chnages can be picked up early and treated. It should not interfere with your ability to have children.Follow a healthy lifestyle to optimise your body's defence mechanisms.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-18